Friday, April 5, 2013

Digital Story-Final Cut




Well here it is. The story has been edited and the music ends when the images are over. This production was made using iMovie which is generally a really good vehicle for making these stories. The one obstacle for us at school is that we do not have any Apple computers here at the building so it was impossible to work on it during the day unless someone remembered to bring their laptop to school. I appreciate all of the honest feedback my classmates provided and your critiques made the final product much better.

This process has been so educationally beneficial, and has ignited student enthusiasm, that I think I am going to expand the assignment into my literacy project. I am very excited to see what my students create.

3 comments:

  1. This final product came out really well. I mentioned before, I thought the music you chose was perfect. And I agree that the video works well the way it is without narration. The images tell the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, do you know why men always wore hats back then. I know that is not the most important question to ask about this powerful video, but did notice all the hats, and was struck my the contrast over time, so did think the change in attire also was another way to look at history.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes absolutely Judy. The one thing I have discovered since getting involved with these digital stories is the many angles each story can cover. Men's hats duirng this time were in fact an outward symbol of one's social class. Men's hats were usually worn depending on their class, with upper class citizens usually wearing top hats or a homburg hat. Middle class men wore either a fedora, bowler hat or a trilby hat. During the summer months a straw boater was popular for upper class and middle class men. Working-class men wore a standard newsboy cap or a flat cap.

      Delete