Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Literacy Project Done!!!










Students have completed their digital stories and my class as a whole has watched and critiqued them. Some of my students have posted their stories on YouTube and I am in the process of getting them all collected in one common area for everyone to see.  Just to whet your appetite I have put a couple of them above. One is on immigration and the other is on the 2012 election.  Let me know what you think!
I have also added a video on 9/11 made by one of my students. It is very powerful.


3 comments:

  1. Paul, your students did a phenomenal job with these digital stories. I have to agree with all the comments made during last class regarding the 9/11 video. Those images and the footage are still hard to watch, and it's almost scary to think how much time has gone by since that day--so long that most of our students now were not even around yet. What's great for you is that now you have these great digital stories to share with future students when discussing some of these topics. Something like 9/11 is much more vivid and leaves a greater impression watching it on a video like this one as opposed to reading about it from a text. Thanks for sharing these videos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, I really enjoyed your presentation about this project. The video about 9/11 was especially powerful. I was really moved watching that - it took me right back to that day. I think it's clear that your students put a ton of work into these projects - just goes to show how much students really do enjoy experimenting with new technologies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, your students did an amazing job on this project! You can definitely tell that they enjoyed completing it! Although I don't think my students could handle the 9/11 movie, I'd be interested in showing them some of your exemplars as models for future digital stories within our classroom. You're kids did an awesome job, make sure they know that!!

    ReplyDelete