Monday, April 15, 2013

Quizlet: A Great Review Tool





If you're like me you have those students who just can't get some of the main ideas no matter how many times you might go over them in class. I found a Web 2.0 tool which might help those laggards. Quizlet allows the use to make up flashcards to help them study for an upcoming test or quiz. I spent a little time exploring the site today and made up a set of review cards focusing on the terms and ideas that my students frequently misunderstand. I could post these cards on a blog or quickly create a link to them before an assessment to help ensure each student's success. This is a quick and easy tool to use and I plan to avail myself of it in the future.

In the meantime, I challenge you to go through the set of twenty government vocabulary terms and see how many of them you know.  Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. This is a powerful study tool and would be more so if students created the cards and used the audio option. In any event, you could show your students the set of cards you created and ask them how this tool can help them to study. I found your cards a good review, and did use the audio feature to see how it works.


    My niece who is taking US History now puts all the info she needs to study on notecards. She uses this method for studying for all of her classes and calls herself the "notecard queen." She did download some apps to the family's iPad that allow for creating notecards, but since the iapd is shared, she is still doing her index the old way. I will tell her about this method and see if she is interested. She could easily create the cards on her MacBook using the site. By the way, her social studies uses the Castle Learning site for students to review course concepts and gives students extra credit for using the site.

    https://www.castlelearning.com/review/castlesoftware/home.aspx

    She also watches videos from Crash Course made by John Green, and here is one example: http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCX6b17PVsYBQ0ip5gyeme-Q

    Have you or your students watched John Green's Crash Course history videos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that there is an audio option for the definitions and the vocab!! So helpful to get pronunciation right when adding to vocab, but also for the audio-learners! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete