Sunday, April 14, 2013

Prezi: A New Presentation Tool




Here's my first attempt at using a new Web 2.0 tool. I chose to try the presentation tool Prezi and my first go at it was pretty good if I do say so myself. I created a rather simple means of introducing the political philosophy of John Locke. I found Prezi to be rather easy to use, once I worked out the initial kinks, and it even allows you to imbed YouTube videos and other links into the presentations. I think that I will try this presentation out on my students when we get back from vacation to see if it helps them better understand this topic.

2 comments:

  1. Given Locke's ideas, it will be interesting to lead a discussion of how his theories relate to government today. Students will benefit from the visuals, and you can pause for discussion as you go along, or save the discussion for afterwards. Some of your students will likely already be familiar with Prezi, but you will find out. Yes, it is helpful to know you can embed the presentations into blogs and websites. You can now also download Prezi presentations in the event that Internet is not available. Recently, the ability to add narration was added, but have not tried it. It seems controlling the points where a speaker wants discussion while presenter favors not using narration for a presentation such as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your Political Philosophy presentation. I love Prezi and have been using it for the last two years at work. I always used Power Point until a staff member did a presentation using Prezi. When I started using Prezi, voice narrations and embed codes for blogs and websites were not available. Being able to add visuals and pause the presentation for discussion as Judy mentioned are some of the features that I like about Prezi. It will become a tool you will use alot in the classroom. Keep working with it, you will love this web 2.0 tool.

    ReplyDelete