Monday, March 25, 2013

The Great Depression Told Digitially





Well here is a digital story my students created on the Great Depression. It traces the event from the "Roaring Twenties" to the crash and the start of the recovery. The soundtrack is rich with music from the era and the narration is excerpted from primary sources such as a radio news account of the stock market crash and President Franklin D. Roosevelt's First Inaugural address. One thing that certainly needs to be modified is the length of the story. We haven't figured out exactly how to edit/end the song and the final selection goes on and on with a blank screen so don't be afraid to watch it as the story does not last for nine full minutes.

Please let me know what you think.








Could you please complete the survey above after viewing the story? Thank you so much.

4 comments:

  1. I think your students did a great job with this digital story. The images are very powerful and I think the music accompanies the images/theme well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jealous of your student's opportunities to understand history in this manner, I would have understood much more of my text book if I could have made connections with such past events. Bravo!

    Did you use this as an assessment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Shannon, I wish I could have access to this kind of thing when I was in high school! Would have definitely helped me make connections to the content!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paul, these students of yours did a great job! I was really drawn in by the presentation. Not sure what software you used to create this, so I have no suggestions for cutting the end part out, but BRAVO!

    Brian

    ReplyDelete