Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I am in my sixteenth year as a social studies teacher at Northwest Catholic High School in West Hartford, CT and have served as department chair for the past 5 years. The courses I teach include AP United States Government, Civics, Honors American Mind, and United States History. I have also worked as a reader for the College Board's AP United States Government and Politics exam for the last five years and have recently been invited to read this June. I am also the moderator of our school's Model United Nations club.

Outside of the classroom I am proud to serve as the President of the Greater Hartford Catholic Education Association, the professional organization representing the interests of Catholic school secondary teachers in the Archdiocese of Hartford. I was also recently elected to the Executive Board of the National Association of Catholic School Teachers for a three year term.

I enjoy travel, reading, and exercise when I am not doing the teacher thing. I truly love my job and feel blessed to be able to do it each and every day.

2 comments:

  1. Paul, Just want you to know I teach a section of EDUC 584 at Northwest Catholic HS on Thursdays. It is one of the cohort groups from University of Saint Joseph, and these groups meet off campus. Maybe, I will catch you at Northwest on a Thursday. I usually arrive around 4 pm. I use the Computer Lab for the course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Judy. That's great to know and I will search you out the next time you are at school. Thanks for the "heads-up" and drive safely today.

      Delete